Saturday, December 26, 2009

What are the correct steps into applying concealer, foundation, blush .. etc ?

The forms of my make-up are ..





concealers - liquid %26amp; i'm thinking about purchasing a creme one also.





foundation - mineral (everyday minerals)





blush - I haven't bought one yet ... any suggestions? :D Most likely it's going to be powder.





%26amp; i'll also be purchasing loose powder in the future.





so .. this is my idea on how to apply everything correctly ..





wash, dry, mosturize your face. wait till it dries. then apply concealer, under eyes %26amp; blemishes. wait till that dries. apply your foundation, then loose powder to set then finally blush.





do i really need loose powder? i heard that in order to achieve flawless and long lasting foundation, you need a powder to set, whether it's pressed or loose.What are the correct steps into applying concealer, foundation, blush .. etc ?
I am not a professional, however my experience has been that if I mix different formulas of foundations, concealers, (powder, mineral, creams, liquids) I get a mess on my face.


I use minerals everyday. The mineral concealers are great, and they truly blend into the skintone without looking yellow or orange.What are the correct steps into applying concealer, foundation, blush .. etc ?
No- almost. Wash, dry, moisturize, wait until it dries, apply foundation (blend), concealer goes on TOP of foundation for best coverage (dab on and pat in with fingertip- try a stick or cream for best results), then blush, then powder. Powder is always last- one of the reasons for using it is to make everything- including blush and mascara- last longer; but no, it's not required. My skin is really dry so I often skip it. If you want your foundation to last a really long time, try a primer from Smashbox (sephora.com) under it. A pea-sized dab spread over your whole face is all you need. Good luck!
That's exactly right! Yes, you should use powder, because, just in case it's a hot day and you get sweaty, sorry kind of gross I guess haha, it helps to not smear your makeup, and lessens the appearance of being sweaty. Also, if your face is a little bit shiny, it helps with that too!
yup. you're right. and i highly recommend powder unless you already have nice skin. =)
correct order...you've got it!

No comments:

Post a Comment